hippie nutter fights cold and wins: her secrets

Last Friday I felt awful. Full of cold and the sense that it could get a lot worse. I collected Favourite Handyman from work about 4pm and put myself to bed as soon as we all got home. I spent most of Saturday in bed which definitely helped.

But so good that on Sunday I felt great again? Just a rest after such a rotten head cold? I think my other strategies deserve some credit.

1. vitamin C. Lots. We've got a mixture called revitalise (Good Health brand I think) in our cupboard at the moment which is magnesium, zinc, vit C and bioflavonoids. I alternated that with our vit C powder which is just vit C and bioflavonoids.

2. Lemon drinks. Same deal as above really.

3. My winter flu formula. garlic, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and honey. Eye watering stuff but I have found that if I take it in prune juice, I can get it down me without much pain at all.

4. I put a drop of hydrogen peroxide down each ear on Saturday night, to clear out any cold/flu bacteria.

One zillion times better than taking expensive supressants from the chemist. Make that three zillion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc