another food diary

I'm doing another week of keeping a food diary here. Now that we (I) have made the commitment to no dairy except butter and low wheat, I need to build a new store of fast meals. Fast meals in my world doesn't necessarily mean cooked just before dinner - that is often a nightmare - but prepared quickly.

Tonight: pumpkin and cabana pasta.
Roast six pieces of pumpkin. Leave to cool. Then chop into chunks.
Slice cabana (lovely cold already cooked chorizo from the Blackball Salami Co).
Cook a small amount of pasta, add some chopped broccoli to the boiling water a few minutes before the pasta is cooked.
Put all this in a bowl. Sprinkle some dukkah over top. Drizzle some olive oil over top of that and stir gently to combine. Eat.

Dukkah has turned out a very useful purchase - for a $10 extravagance a few months ago, I have topped lots of meals with this yummy flavour and am only half way through the jar. Of course I could make it myself, and maybe I will sometime, but as of tomorrow I will be far too preoccupied with getting a warrant for our 19 year old car.

There is wheat in the pasta but I used less pasta than I once would have for this meal and only used it at all to pad out the other ingredients so we had enough for a one bowl dinner.

Regular readers this week could surmise that pumpkin is on special at the moment here at Wetville. They would be right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc